Today, I fell asleep and woke up only to discover that the contact lense on my left eye has miraculously disappeared. It felt kinda weird at first, since my right vision is perfectly fine, whereas my left ones are a bit blurry. I guess that my contact lense got stuck inside. So, like I would always do, I rubbed my eye, hoping that the contact lense would come out but to no avail.I was panic in a while. It must have been that the lense got behind my eyeballs or something.
Asked a few people to check my eye, but they don't see a thing.
I even resorted to self-induced tears in order to lubricate my eyes, so that the contact lense would come out again. And I failed.
I got freaked out. The first thing that appeared in my mind was the notion of having eye infection, going to the hospital, have to pay a whole lotta money and...probably losing my eye-sight.
I don't want to be wearing the one-eyed patch.
Well, earth to Hezrin, I told myself and decided the best thing to do right now is to call my mum since my mum been wearing contact lenses for almost 20 years now. And, I called my mum, with that 'I-just-cried' tone and told her of my predicament. Then we got disconnected. Called my mum again for the second time. While we got disconnected, my mum was still able to call my sister to tell her of my predicament. Second opinion,huh???
So, it turns out that, the contact lense is probably not inside my eye. It could have fallen off my eye while I was sleeping. This is because a) it's a soft lense, so it won't get stuck somewhere behind your eyeballs and b) if it does, you'll feel it on your eyelids, and it will eventually come out. The possibility of it getting stuck behind your eyeballs and never come out is, zero.
As for me, while I'm still convinced that the contact lense is somewhere at the corner of my eye, I tried to assure myself that it's not there, probably fallen off while I was asleep. I tried to look for evidence on my bed but to no avail. So, as I was on my way to the kitchen from my room, I stumbled upon the contact lense on the floor. I couldn't help but smiled as I picked it up off the floor. And I rubbed my eye so hard for nothing???
I guess the moral of the story is, if something happens unexpectedly in your life, where you are so damn sure that you're doomed, the only and the best thing that you can do is try not to get panic. No matter how serious it can be.Because, that thing that gets you worried may not be that serious after all and you might end up exaggerating. And when you do exaggerate, it's not good. And the problem probably won't be solved. So, you should be calm in all situation because eventually, it will be okay again.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad it wasn't something serious... *hugs*
Post a Comment