Often lately,I noticed that more and more people that I know have their own blog page. I mean, everyone has it before, but it has become something like a craze lately. Sometimes you'll see them promoting the blog's URL on friendster on facebook shout out and whatnot.It's not something new, but suddenly blogging becomes and IT thing.
I myself is a follower of this phenomena too, I have to admit. I started blogging way back in 2005 I think. It was my Friendster's blog. I would talk on mostly craps, I do realise that I'm not a good blogger.Before there was blog, I had my non-technology blog, the traditional, conventional way of expressing your thoughts, the diary. But, it's not really a diary. It was the Fujifilm organizer that my mum got from her office( My mum is a radiographer, so we always get freebies from companies such as Kodak, fujifilm...not camera,though =p). I even had a name for it 'Little black book'. It was this small and black coloured book,hence the name, that I used to write stuff.....from 'what to buy list', 'what to do list' and important dates. However, one thing that distinguish it from your typical yearly organizer is the fact that I wrote personal stuff that I wish people would never read. Private and confidential things. Things that I wrote about something or someone when they pissed me off....Almost everyone made an entry in that book. It's my way of channeling my anger. At least it's better than screaming or punching at that person......
Now, I blog instead. I don't channel my anger in a negative way, but I pen my innermost thoughts in my blog. I also have an account with Vox blog which I started in 2006 but it's not that active. I'm not active with my Friendster blog anymore, due to some misunderstandings and I felt that it has become 'not personal' anymore. Hence, I created my chocolategreenteafrappucino somewhere in the middle of 2007. A fresh start. A place where I can get an instant escapism, although not permanent. It was a rough year for me, and somehow, I was inspired to create this blog.......
The URL explains it all, it's my favorite drinks from Starbucks(I love the vanilla ice blended from Coffee Bean, btw). The name of the page is somewhat interesting. As I mentioned before, I was having a rough year, last year. Frienships, guy problem and many others. I like to spent most of time in my room, listening to songs in my laptop. One day, I was listening to "Everything in its right place" by Radiohead. I was somehow fascinated with the lines 'yesterday I was sucking a lemon', 'there are two colours in my head, what is it you trying to say?' and also with how the music was constructed. Then, out of the blue, it hit me. I don't really know why and how, but it made me go to Blogspot to create my new blog,my new baby.A fresh start. A new beginning. The rest is history.
I was not really active last year, due to the lack of Internet connection(compare that to now, ha!) and hectic schedule,and my blog is my personal domain. I actually told a few selected people that I really, really trust about it. I want to be able to express my thoughts or opinion freely.......it's like my sanctuary. If people happen to discover it or anything, you are welcomed to read my blog. I admit that I'm not really a good blogger compared to others, but there's still some room for improvement, not that writing a good blog is a must or anything!
So, if someone wants to start a blog but unsure of it, I'd urge them to do so! Blogging is really fun! It gets all of your creative juices flowing and let you express your feelings in a positive way. Besides, it helps to improve your language too....it's much more fun than writing academic essay, I tell ya!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
go blogging can improve ur english!!
go go tesl teacher!!
hahaha. tru2 syefah. jg i suke care u tulis. sgt best. hehe.
hahaha
syefah-yup2
ine-thnx dear!muahx!
one thing that intrigues me about ur blog is how long ur username is. eh tp skali pk mine pun panjang gak..heheh..
just blog hopping here..dun mind me commenting kan
haha,
no, i dun mind lah
=)
Post a Comment