wouldn't you???
I mean, the saying 'the grass is greener on the other side' does fit with these feelings that you have, but what i've realised yesterday,as I was brushing my teeth was... the grass will always appear to be greener than the one in your backyard, simply because you don't look close enough at your own grass...
Thus, you dont' see the beauty of your own grass.Right??
Other people may have have all the good things that I only can pray to have but in the midst off all, you have to appreciate what's in your own backyard first.Once you do, then you'll realise that whatever it is that you have is not that bad after all....
Your grass is actually as green as the grass on the other side!
It also occurred to me last night, as I was getting ready for bed that...
I may envy with what other people get to experience or whatnot but in the end I'm thankful that
- I have a good place that I can call home here in Brisbane. Some people live in much horrible places!
- I have enough money for basic necessities. Some people have to steal.
- I get to experience some of the good things in life.I get to travel and experience new environment,meet people from all walks of life.Some people doesn't even have the opportunity.
- I get to encounter different people from all walks of life and become friends with them
- I have not much friends maybe, but I have a few ones that I really love and cherish so much.And I'm so glad to have known them.
- I have my family.We may not be close knit,affectionate or very close towards each other...but I have them.Think about those who are unfortunate.
- I live in the best time of the century.I wouldn't want to live during the Japanese occupation or during WWII.
- I live in a peaceful country.Some people dont.
So, whenever I feel this way, I guess i'll have to repeat this mantra to myself over and over again, 'The grass is always greener on the other side, but if you look closely in your own backyard, you'll realise the beauty of your own grass....'
=)
2 comments:
u mean, the tajam grass dat we had during our bbq last time???
hehhe.love u babe.
owh, the backyard grass ah, i thought the drug kind.. haha. my lame attempt at cracking a joke.
yes, we all feel that way you do, hun.
Post a Comment