From my observations of my fellow comrades, I can conclude there's a mixture of feelings upon the end of our 2 years abroad.
Some can't wait to go back home-meet all the relatives, boyfriend/girlfriend, new addition to their family, friends and eat all those food. Some have a better social life back home.
Some have mixed feelings-they can't wait to go back and yet they will miss life abroad so dearly...
..and some just don't want to go back home. At all.
Why do we dread to see that day coming? For some, life is much better overseas. Life is more comfortable.The scenery is magnificent.The shopping is heaven. For some, it might be due to the fact that their 'honeymoon' period is over. Life without parental restriction-no curfew, do all the things that the religion forbids..just because they won't get any raised eyebrow from the so-called narrow minded society that we have back home.There's plenty of reasons. It could be that one leads back to the normal life, no more adventurous life...or it could be the transportation system. For whatever the reason is, good or bad, all good things must come to end, eventually. As the saying goes, 'Nothing lasts forever'.
There's pros and cons. I would love to go abroad again but just for a short stay. A holiday maybe. There's a lot of thing that I will surely miss. I'll miss how frequent the public transport is in Brisbane. It sure looks like a comparison of heaven and hell when I thought of my public transport experience in Malaysia. I'll miss how I don't have to rush to the library to get all the books. There's plenty for everyone, including procrastinators. I love the fact that the people are more laidback and not afraid to be themselves. If I were given the choice, I may want to delay my stay or miss my flight but I can't.Life must go on. I had my 2 (almost) years experience and now I'm done. Back to square one. Back to that college near UM.Back to the 24 hours eateries. Another chapter in my life. Another interesting story to tell the grandchildren.
My 2 years stay here taught me a lot of things. Life, relationship, educational...you name it. I've changed throughout my stay here. Everyone changes.Everything changes. There's a lot of adaptation to do once I'm back in Malaysia. Especially the wheather.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmm.. A good post.
probably sum up what everyone is feeling or thinking..
why sound so upset? =(
p.s: anyway, Atherton (cairns) is so dull. I miss brisbane.
agreed with sab. a good one that describe what we feel about staying overseas n going back to ipba.
*cant wait to makan makcik midvalley punya nasi campur with u.
well said babe!
i have already updated my flickrwebpage...i wrote my reasons in BM though
hahahahaha...just want to make people think about what life is like.
hope to see you in Msia. Have a safe trip back home babe!
Post a Comment