Recently, I've encountered numerous different things that has the same theme:-Friendship. It could be a friend talking about their friends, a blog about their friend, a movie about friend and whatnot. It also would be about how a person misses a friend, how A don't want to be friends with B due to certain reasons and many others that sometimes touched my heart or amuse me.
A few days ago, while I was browsing through my Facebook profile, I noticed that I got a few people in my circles or Top Friends application......compared to others. I guess I'm not that extroverted or maybe I'm the type of person who prefers to have a small knit of friends that I really value and trust than having thousands of people that I barely know. Personally, I consider someone to be a close friend if I know the person well enough and trust that person, and the most important thing-we have to share the same wavelenght.
But then again, I contradict myself sometimes and I realized that not every close friend of mine share the same interest or views with me.I'm friends with a unique mixture of people. That is the the that make friendship such a beautiful thing. We are connected to another person due to some shared interest yet, we are all different. It's really interesting when you have a broad range of friends,it helps you see a wider perspective of the world, if not, human being. And how I love that. I love making friends with new people each day, meeting people from different walks of life.Sometimes, it's kinda sad that people befriend you for the wrong reason, or decided to cut ties with you for that reason.At the end of the day, we should realize that nobody is the same and we can't expect someone to change for you. Just accept someone as your friend just the way they are. Friendship has no boundaries. There should be no reason why you shouldn't be friends with someone due to their differences, right?
We should be friends with everyone regardless of their-
- sex and gender
- race
- religion
- nationality
- physical appearances
- political views
- status
Most importantly, we learn to respect one another, their values or beliefs if we realise that no one is the same and each individual is different and unique in his or her way. There's no harm in having friends with different interest or others, I think.
2 comments:
hm. very deep. well. to me, it doesnt matter how many frens uve got. wat matters is dat u got a few close knit frens who u wud die 4 n vice versa. dats more important. u knoe wats more important? u've got us n we love u. :)
Your thought put me into thinking about how I myself view my own circle of friends. Close friends sustains you too. *hugs* Missing ya~
Post a Comment