Tuesday, September 15, 2009

chivalry is definitely NOT dead!

I fell in love with a pak cik sale assistant at Myer today!
(Well, not literally)

Someone made me smile all the way home and it comes in the form of a pak cik.
Well, it is my 2nd encounter with the guy.The first time was ages ago and he is still as friendly as ever.
I was in Myer electronic department where I was browsing some stuff that I intended to buy(I did in the end),Along came this pak cik with the warmest smile ever on earth asking me if I need any help.Well, since I couldn't make up my mind buying that thing yet, I just smiled and said that I'm alright.Moments later, after consulting my bf, I decided to make the purchase, anyways.
So, the pak cik greeted me with that warm smile and simply said "owh, settle for that one only?" I said yup.Then he complimented the Cookie Monster shirt that I'm wearing, saying how he really liked the shirt(the Cookie Monster shirt is definitely a conversation starter, just like my 'twice as nice when I want something' shirt). But the best part has got to be where he actually took all the trouble walking from the cash register just to hand me the item that I bought!

I feel so like in a movie where some posh butler just handed out expensive fur coats, for me to wear.Erk?Does the analogy make sense at all??
Nevertheless, the pak cik really made my day, even for that moment only.And erm, kudos to that department of Myer! There should be more chivalrous-old-friendly-male assistant than the one with smug faces or the typical(found in Malaysia, especially) I-follow-you-around-until-you-want-to-scream-at-me sale assistant.I bet if I decided to take a poo in the fitting room, the latter will definitely be waiting outside with wipes ready for me.How annoying.

If I'm not mistaken his name is Jack.Hehehe.

4 comments:

pinkrain said...

omg. dulu duda. now pak cik pulak.

;P

Anonymous said...

a guy put on my shoes fr me few months back :P


- dee

nirzehrun said...

pinkrain:upgrade la beb!

dee: cool or what, aite?

bhopteur said...

go pakcik baik!
n bju twice as nice beli kat diesel/bum midvalley!