Monday, November 17, 2008

Music, the soundtrack of my life.Our lives.

When people or anything that require me to give details of my favourite past time, the first answer that I'll give is 'Listening to music'. Just like any other normal human beings, I like music.I listen to music a lot, but I can't play any instrument to create songs....or write a song....

but if there's one thing am good at, is analysing the lyrics of the song.

Weird, I know, but I often find it interesting to figure out the meaning of any songs that I listen to.Because each song has its own story.Just like us, everyone has a story to tell. There's every song to each chapter of your life.There's songs to help you to get through bad break-ups, songs that you dedicate to your loved ones, songs that taught you of the usage of explicit words and many others.

I remember sometimes, where I heard a song, when, with whom...as if each song that I've heard mark every single event in my life.There's time when I listen to a song, thinking, "hey, I remember hearing this song on my way to the hospital when my grandmother was rushed to the hospital.I was 14 years old", or remind you of a bad 'teenage angst' phase that you went through.

At home recently, I was checking out some CD collections that I owed.My, how I've grown over the past years. There were albums from Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Audioslave(the hardcore-est!!) and there's also recent ones like John Legend.Looking back, I couldn't help but laugh at myself. Those were my 'rock-star' phase. Tahap dewa naga(now I still listen to rock music, but not the hardcore ones like Radiohead etc, although some people think Radiohead is weird.) until there were a time that I 'Rock OD-ed'.Hahahaha. I just listen to Mix fm and Light and Easy coz I cant stand another rock music that time!

There's also a song that can help you express yourself, especially when you are not that expressive, I think....I f there's one good thing about music, it saved my life sometimes.When I'm down or sad, it cheers me up.When I'm on the verge of giving up in the gym, it helps keep me going.When I'm bored as hell, it occupies me like a good friend.

All we need is music in this life. =)

No comments: